How do I connect to the library printer from my laptop?
4054 views |
Last updated on Mar 07, 2019
Our university’s printers are set up to allow for wireless printing. However, the method by which you connect to the wireless printer can vary depending on what operating system you are using. Look below to find your operating system, then follow the steps in order to print wirelessly.
WINDOWS WIRELESS PRINTING
- Download the “Students Prints Pack"
StudentBW Print Pack - Download Installer
StudentColor Print Pack - Download Installer
- A downloaded file link titled “Students Prints Pack” will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click this link.
- Click “Install” from the box that appears.
- The pack will then begin to install. Once it has finished, a box will appear telling you that the installation is complete. Click “Finish.”
- Print your documents like you ordinarily would. When you are prompted to choose which printer to print from, the available wireless printers should be among your options. Select that printer and print away.
MAC WIRELESS PRINTING
If you are using a Mac, which program you will need to install can vary depending on your location on campus and the type of document you are printing. Identify the correct program using the following guide.
- Click on the correct print package below for the printer you are trying to print from. The printer’s file will download to your computer with the extension “.zip.”
StudentBW - Download Zip File
StudentColor - Download Zip File
- Double click the “.zip” file. This will cause the computer to change the file type from a “.zip” to “.dmg.”
- Double click the “.dmg” file link. A popup window will appear showing an open box icon. Double click on the open box.
- Click “Continue.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, go to the App Store on your computer. Click “Updates.” You should then see a “Software Updates” menu with “HP Printer Software Update” beneath it. Click the “Update” button to install the update.
- Restart your computer.
- Print your document as you normally would. Now when you print, you should see the printer you just installed as an available printer. Select that printer and print away.
CHROMEBOOK WIRELESS PRINTING
MOBILE WIRELESS PRINTING
For more wireless printing help see: http://www.byui.edu/information-technology/self-help/device-help/wireless-printing-from-anywhere